COVID 19 Guidelines for MRC competitions 2020
The safety of all participants is our over-riding priority and we all need to work within the government guidelines in order to safeguard the health and well-being of all competitors and all MRC helpers. We all have a part to play in making sure that competitions are run under the safest conditions possible and minimise the risk of spreading coronavirus.
Please adhere to the following whilst attending any MRC competitions
- Do not attempt to travel to venue if you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell or is displaying symptoms associated with the virus or you have been advised to self-isolate
- When parking ensure that vehicles are at least three metres apart to avoid unnecessary contact with other competitors.
- Social distancing must be respected and adhered to at all times in the lorry park, warm-up areas and in any arena – this applies to both riders and anyone supporting the rider
- Limit the number of contacts you have with other people outside of your household whilst at the competition.
- Do not share tack or equipment and thoroughly clean all items, including clothes, when returning home after competition.
- Competitions will be run in a way that avoids unnecessary contact – hence riders have been allocated specific times to compete in each class. Times will be on both MRC website and Facebook page on Thursday before a show. Riders must compete at the times allocated (unless the judge has agreed otherwise)
- Riders must adhere to the warm-up protocol of no more than 4 riders in each warm up area at any one time – riders should endeavour to maintain three horses’ lengths from each other whilst in the warm up areas.
- A one way system for entry to Mundole warm-up area is in place with entry at the Forres end of the box park – riders must follow the RAG (Red, Amber & Green) signs to access the arena to compete at their allocated time – riders will exit the arena as indicated directly into the lorry park.
- Competitors should return to horse box/trailers immediately they have finished competing in the arena.
- Dressage competitions - score sheets and rosettes can be collected from a box outside the Secretary's caravan where there will be sanitised wipes.
- Show Jumping competitions - there will be no mounted presentation of rosettes alternatively rosettes will be available at the arena entrance after the result has been announced and competitors should collect at that time
- On returning home it is advisable that you clean and disinfect all tack and equipment, including clothing worn during competition.
- A condition of entry will be that you agree to adhere to all government regulations and venue protocols relating to social distancing, public health and hygiene.